- Harford County Agricultural Grant Application
Harford County Agricultural Grant Application
The Harford County Government Division of Agricultural Services is proud to announce its request for applications for the Agricultural Grant Program for Fiscal Year 2019.
The Division of Agriculture strives to promote sustainable growth within the agricultural community by providing grant opportunities to local agri-businesses. We target projects that will help farmers emerge into a new market or enhance their existing farming operation.
We feel that by promoting local agricultural growth we not only provide our families with high-quality and affordable goods from producers that we know and trust, but we also keep agriculture as a viable industry, thereby preserving farmland and maintaining our rural heritage.
October 1, 2018 Early bird applications and workshop
7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Harford County Agricultural Center
3525 Conowingo Rd., Ste. 700, Street, MD 21154
October 2, 2018 Applications available online at harfordfarms.com or by
calling Jason Gallion at 410-638-3511
November 30, 2018 Last day to submit applications
January 7, 2019 Grant awards announced; funding available
Eligibility and Background
Anyone who is a resident or has a farming operation within Harford County may apply (must be 18 years or older). Applicants must apply for projects that benefit Harford County agriculture. The maximum award per applicant is set at $20,000. The grants are for matching funds only with the county paying 75% and the applicant 25%. Grants are for reimbursements only; receipts/invoices are required at the time of reimbursement. Projects must be completed by June 26, 2020 and are subject to quarterly reports. Awardees must have a W-9 on file to receive reimbursement money. Grants will not be awarded for permanent structures or capital improvements. The property on which a project is located shall be in compliance with all Harford County Zoning regulations and laws. The ideal candidate will apply for a project that benefits the agricultural community and assists farms working together to support the buy local initiative within Harford County.
- The application form can be submitted on-line or downloaded from the County website at harfordfarms.com for completion.
- Late applications will be rejected and incomplete applications will be returned.
- Any supplemental information must be included with the attachment and turned in by the deadline.
- Please direct all questions regarding preparation and/or submission of these forms to Jason Gallion at 410-638-3511.
- The application deadline is November 30, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
- Late applications will NOT be accepted.
- Please submit either one (1) original paper application to the mailing address below or (1) electronic copy by November 30 at 5:00 p.m. to email@example.com
Mailing Address: 3525 Conowingo Rd., Ste. 700
Street, MD 21154
Attn: Jason Gallion, Agricultural Specialist